Kailash Inner Kora Yatra, a spiritual and life changing journey can be accomplished via Simikot on Helicopter. This is a 11 days trip where you will travel from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj and then to Simikot by flight and take a helicopter ride to Hilsa which is Nepal – China border. After crossing the border we will start a jeep drive to lake Mansarovar, perform a puja and take a holy bath. Next day we will drive to Yam Dwar from where our Kailash parikrama begins.
Kailash Mansarovar Yatra is named after two holy, spiritual and religiously significant sites: Mt. Kailash and Lake Mansarovar. Mt. Kailash (6,638m), familiar to Hindus as Kailash Parvat is the most sacred mountain of Asia. Hindus believe that the mountain is the abode of Lord Shiva and his family. Not only Hindus, the mountain is sacred to Buddhist, Jain and Bonpo religions as well. Buddhists believe that Mt. Kailash is the home of Buddha Demchok and Bon, a religion in Tibet believe that the mountain is the seat of all spiritual power. In Jainism, the site is the nearby place where the first Jain prophet Rishabhadeva attained Nirvana (liberation). Circumambulating the mountain (parikrama) on foot, an ancient ritual of devotion is still practiced by pilgrims with a faith that it will bring good fortune in one’s life. Hindus and Buddhists believe circumambulating the mountain in clockwise direction whereas Jain and Bonpo religions followers believe in other way around i.e. anticlockwise. Another major highlight of Kailasg Mansarovar Yatra (journey) is Lake Mansarovar, the highest freshwater lake in the world (4500m). Pilgrims believe that drinking water from the lake or taking dip or bath in the lake will wash away all their sins.
You can learn more about mount Kailash in Wiki Travel.
DAY 1: ARRIVAL IN NEPALGUNJ. TRANSFER TO HOTEL.
Overnight at Hotel.
DAY 2: NEPALGUNJ – HILSA – PURANG
Morning fly to Simikot (3000m) by fixed wing, Fly to Hilsa (3700 m.) by Helicopter then cross the boarder drive to purang (3800 m.) overnight at Hotel.
DAY 3: PURANG
Full day acclimatization.
DAY 4: PURANG – MANSAROVAR
Drive to Mansarovar Lake (4500m) & Holy Bath, Puja etc.
DAY 5: MANSAROVAR – YAM DWAR – DIRAPHUK
Drive to Darchen Yamadowar and trek to Diraphuk (4760m).
DAY 6: DIRAPHUK – ZUTHULPHUK
Trek over Dolma La Pass (5650m) to Zuthulphuk.
DAY 7: ASTHAPAD – KAILASH BASECAMP
DAY 8: SAPTA RISHI CAVE – NANDI PARIKRAMA
DAY 9: NANDI – DARCHEN
DAY 10: DARCHEN – MANI WALLS – HILSA
Walk to Mani walls and Drive to Hilsa via Purang.
DAY 11: HILSA – NEPALGUNJ – KATHMANDU
- 3 hygienic veg. meals a day
- Nice and cosy accommodation
- 3 times tea, coffee or milk a day
- All flight and bus tickets
- Experienced trip leader
- Sleeping bag and medical kit
- All permit, visa and entry fees.
- Alcohol, Cigarettes and other personal expenses
- Emergency evacuation
- Personal belongings (i.e.camera, water bottle, extra money, sunscreen, sunglasses, sunhat, hiking shorts/ synthetic T-shirt etc).
- Hiking boots, sports shoe/ trainers, 3/4 woolen socks ,2pairs liners socks, 1 pairs gloves, warm hat, 1 Day back pack and duffel bag for your clothing.
- Warm layers, down or synthetic jackets, fleece, hiking pants, thermals.
- Comprehensive list will be provided after you book the trip.
- Most of the items can be bought or hired in Kathmandu.